-->

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bird cage and Granny's card

I have been away for the weekend so a bit behind with blogging. I think I say that every week, lol. Sorry about the rubbish photos. I have tried and failed misreably to take some decent pictures of the really lovely birdcage that we made at Craft Den last week. They are either blurred or too close or both. I was hoping to get a decent photo of it dangling so I hope you get an idea of what it looks like :-(


Lynne has designed a very clever template, which we have used with the Tim Holtz birdcage die, but could also be used as a lantern and other ideas. I am sure the template will be published soon!

We used distress inks to colour the template and the cage (I used a mixture of mustard seed and vintage photo) and then various stamps (mine are paperartsy hot picks). When I got home I decorated the bird inside with black soot DI and dusted with perfect pearls. Then he is suspended inside using a strip of acetate. Actually, I dont like seeing a bird in a cage, I'm not sure why I didn't put him perching happily on the outside, I really wanted to have a little play with the acetate I think. Then I added the ideology chain and the 7Gypsies crystal danglies and a few white flowers coloured with the same DIs. The gems and the leaf die are from my stash, everything else from Craft Den.

Here also is the card for Granny that I made last week and was gratefully received this weekend. The kit is another very cute Nitwits kit from Craft Den. They are perfect for quick makes like this and I'll get another card from each kit I bought yet, so they will come out again for Grandpa and Grandma later this year.




Remember that the Anything Goes challenge this week is eyelets and brads and runs until 25th Jan. We would love to see your creations there!
Have a lovely evening

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn!! Just love the birdcage it looks wonderful so I bet its just stunning in the flesh!!! Granny card is so cute I love the nit wit collection!!! Hope you are ok miss seeing you too!!!! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birdcage is stunning, and the granny card is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a finished birdcage,I must finish mine, it looks fab and the card is beautiful too x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow this is gorgeous. I bought this die myself before christmas and only managed to used it once xx
    fabulous
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished bird cage look fabulous Kathryn I must blog mine as they are all so different. Enjoyed last night. Take care, love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your finished bird cage looks great must finish mine!! love the card aswell. sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects! The bird cage is stunning.

    ReplyDelete