Here are a couple of Christmas cards I made with some lovely papers from the Craft Den. As a member of the Craft Den design team, I really want to try to find time to work on more new things. Life would be much easier if I didn't work, LOL.
First is using the really vibrant Blonde Moments Minasie Moo papers in turquoise, pinks and purple with Bazzill Swiss Dot cardstock as a mat on the white card. Nesties, Craftwork cards sentiment tablets and copics are all also from Craft Den. Stamp, ribbon and flower from stash.
Copics used are: Skin E00; Hair: Y11, Y08, Y15; Dress: V12, V15, V17; Wand: Y15
The second is using Bo Bunny, Tis the Season range of papers. Nesties, copics, card candy, sentiment tablet and Ice Stickles from Craft Den. Stamp, ribbon, and flower from stash.
Copics used are: Santa Suit: R05, R27, R46 (this combination needs a darker base coat, I ended up covering most of the R05 with the R27 in the end as it's too salmony); Boots and Belt: E33, E37; Skin: E00, Buckle: Y15
I also had a go at some resist techniques, which I saw in the latest edition of the Craft Stamper Magazine. I usually stare longingly at the lovely things I could never hope to make, and decided I should just have a go. I used Ranger acrylic dabber paints, a lovely vintage script stamp, a Paper Artsy Birds on a wire stamp and a lovely scroll detail background stamp. I also used Debbie Moore clear embossing powder. Everything from Craft Den, except possibly the vintage script, but I could be wrong, Lynne has so many lurvely stamps!!
After applying my stripes of acrylic paint, I masked the area where the main stamp would be, by first stamping onto a post it note and loosely cutting round it and sticking that to the ATC. I then stamped the script background in black stazon and then the scroll background in versamark, which I embossed with clear embossing powder. After that a contrasting colour can be dry brushed over the embossed areas and ironed with brown paper to create a resist effect. Well, I need to work on it!! lmao!! For some reason the over painting distorted the original purple and green, however you can see the effect quite well on the middle yellow strip.
Here is also a version that I didn't over paint so you can see what the original colours were! I think perhaps they were not quite dry enough. Well I enjoyed myself and will try, try again!!