-->

Friday, November 12, 2010

Anything Goes Challenge #24 - Emboss it and a wet pumpkin

Here is week 24 again on Anything Goes Challenge Blog. I am extremely late this week as I had to go away for work, but better late than never.


The theme this week is 'Emboss it!' I visited Lynne this afternoon to get my mojo back and I really enjoyed doing the page so I think it worked!!



I have done a scrapbook layout of you know who. The patterned paper is Magnolia. The big stars are wooden shapes dabbed with silver range dabbers and then embossed with a silver and white glitter embossing powder. The small stars are cut from mirri card with a sizzix die and then embossed (the pink ones) and debossed (the silver ones) with cuttlebug embossing folders and the title is made using Tim Holtz embossed grungeboard letters, bought from Craft Den this very afternoon. (I have three packs now, every time Lynne puts them on offer I buy them. I love them!)

I have put a bit of pearlescent pink/white sequin waste underneath the photos to add a final depth.

The paper, wooden stars, embossing folders, dew drop ink, Tim alphas, mirri card (silver) all from Craft Den, few other bits from stash.

I also did a page last week of Trick or Treat this year. Well, it was a washout wasn't it. Emma was drenched, me and Dan were drenched, but Emma didnt seem to mind, she was getting sweets in her new tin. She did get a new attack of shyness this year and so mummy spent most of the time talking for her, while she launched herself straight at the sweets on offer. The papers are Bo Bunny Boo Crew, which I love and I had a second helping from Craft Den again this year and a Bo Bunny Dot cardstock and a Bazzil swiss dot purple cardstock. I just love these colours. I am not really one for muted tones...



The spiddies, ghosts and boos were a sizzix die I bought in a bargain bin years agao and forgot I had last year. I coated them all with glossy accents to make them shine and the letters are a mixture of some blank chippies, left white and glossied as well. I used an MS punch to create the wrought iron fence look on the strip across the middle and colour my world templates for the shapes.

Everything from Craft Den except the Sizzix sizlit die..

Hope you like, K x

5 comments:

  1. fabulous pages kathryn love them. I will have to get some grunge alphas not got those infact never thought about them!!!hope there are some left lol x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous layouts Kathryn and beautiful photo's. Thanks for popping by my blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely layouts, great embossing. xoxox Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous layouts, love your Halloween page it's a shame it rained but Emma doesn't look too disappointed. That dressing gown is fab with those bunny ears. Hope you have had a good weekend. Thanks for joining in the challenge when you got home after such a busy week. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful layouts Kathryn and so inividual!!

    Loving the Halloween page just bootiful and Emma looks so happy even through the rain!!!

    love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete