-->

Friday, June 4, 2010

Class SB layouts

I got so carried away with the new Anything Goes challenge blog and getting organised with father's day and anniversary card making, I have forgotten to post last week's Craft Den class SB page. Here it is, with the LO from last night's class as well. I had a really lovely time as usual, I never want to leave, and nearly didn't last night. We were all still sitting there at 5 to 9 until we realised what time it was! These light nights really are lovely!

The page last week was a choice of Blonde Moments papers. I chose the green/yellow/orange ones to use with a picture of Emma (who else?) on a hobby horse in Granny and Grandpa's garden last summer. Note the dummy is still in last year! We have managed to get it down to bedtime only, need to lose it soon, any ideas welcome! The design was one of Chanelle's and I just love the huge flower spray idea. I have added some lovely epoxy letters for the title at home and some lovely Zva bling and some citrusey buttons. I think the buttons were going round class, but I missed them so have added my own. Everything except the letters from Craft Den.



This week, Lynne has designed a really lovely page using the 7Gypsies Victoria range of papers. I have had these already once in 12 x 12 and decorated a circular greyboard book, seen in a previous post, and also in the 8 x 8 book to make cards. They are very elegant. For this layout, we cut out, distressed and inked the central portion to create a frame and used either coordinating blue or pink paper underneath. I chose the blue as it went well with the wellies that Emma is wearing in these photos. I found a CD the other week and discovered these photos on it. I have no idea at all now why she was wearing wellies with her sleepsuit, lol! How lucky we are nowadays to have digital cameras to capture all these lovely moments.
The swirls are a sizzix die and we embossed with ranger distressed embossing powder. I have never used this before and it gives a lovely sandpaper effect. I feel another collection of stash coming on lol! All the punches are Martha Stewart. The lovely concertina butterfly we have used before. It's a very simple template and really effective. Everything from Craft Den, of course!





Right, off to do some work and pack for the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful LO's Kathryn, you know I never used to like green and orange until I saw Dyan's papers and now I love those colours. The 7Gypsies is so vintage it is gorgeous.
    The Dummy by the way Emma will give up of her own accord when she is ready, best not to force the issue, too emotional at bed time.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both layouts, lovely photo's of Emma. I love the orange & green papers on the first layout. Both my kids gave their dummy to Santa. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 great layouts K. Love the second - really different and lots of elements to it. Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete